Monday, January 18, 2010

Bop Till You Drop!

It has been a while since I've made an entry in the ol' blog, but as I have the day off (MLK), I thought I should try to make some headway this morning. During the time that has passed since my last entry, I visited Pennsylvania for about 8 days over Christmas. While I was there I had use of my Dad's car, which conveniently had the original "Bop Till You Drop 1979" mixtape in it! I listened to it several times in my comings and goings, and I gotta say, solid mix right there. When my Dad took me to the airport we listened to side A together, me writing down the titles, and him reminiscing a bit over each song. it was fun to see my dad get so excited about some of the songs. I never knew he was a Bonnie Raitt fan, but man did he get amped when "Under the Falling Sky" came on.

While I was at my parent's house on the day I returned to Chicago, I decided to look through an old photo album or two, just to see if there were some photos of my mom I hadn't seen before. I randomly pulled out the two oldest looking albums I saw, and was shocked to find that one of them basically covered the same time span as this blog does. I'm not sure if I'd ever seen those pictures before, and I was really neat, and quite moving, to see my mom pregnant with me, going to the delivery room with my dad, nursing me (tasteful shots of course!) and me interacting with my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles during my first year of life. I wish I had come across it earlier in my trip so I could have scanned some of the pictures...a task for next time I suppose.

Anyway, here is "Bop Till You Drop 1979." I posted links to lala.com and ilike.com where I could so...enjoy!


Side A:

Robert Palmer - Pressure Drop

Jerry Jeff Walker - Pick Up the Tempo

Billy Joel - Entertainer

Bruce Springsteen - Candys Room

Bruce Springsteen - Kitty's Back in Town

Bonnie Raitt - Under the Falling Sky

Fleetwood Mac - Roadrunner

Bonnie Raitt - Bluebird

Jerry Jeff Walker - Public Domain

Bruce Springsteen - Rosalita

Bruce Springsteen - Fever

Little Feat - Rock n Roll Doctor

Warren Zevon - Night Time in the Switching Yard

Little Feat - New Dehli Freight Train

Side B:

Van Morrison: Full Force Gale

Fleetwood Mac: Think About Me

Van Morrison: I've Been Working

Captain Beefheart: Crazy Little Thing

Little Feat: Fool Yourself

Billy Joel: Only the Good Die Young

Nicolette Larson: Rhumba Girl

Jerry Jeff Walker: Don't It Make You Want to Dance?

Captain Beefheart: Too Much Time

Rod Stewart: Every Picture Tells a Story

Taj Mahal: 6 Days Upon the Road

Jethro Tull: Teacher

Bob Marley: Rastaman Vibration

Van Morrison: Wild Night

The Band: Who Do You Love?

Little Feat: Fat Man in the Bathtub

Little Feat: Instrumental

No comments:

Post a Comment