Monday, January 25, 2010

And now, pictures!

I promised some pics last time, so here they are. I only have a few relevant ones right now, but I just put the call out for a flatbed scanner so hopefully one of my friends here in Chicago has one I can borrow. Otherwise I suppose I'll just have to head to a computer lab or something on campus.

I also found a card from my Aunt LeAnn (my dad's sister) and Uncle Al, welcoming me into the world. It is dated October 26, 1979, and the back has an exceprt from William Wordsworth's Ode: Intimations of Immortality.

Our Birth is but a sleep and a forgetting:
The soul that rises with us, our life's star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting,
And cometh from afar:
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But in trailing clouds of glory do we come
From God, who is our home:
Heaven lies about us in our infancy!



Hedley at birth


Mom when she graduated nursing school, probably around 1976-77


Dad and Hedley, probably in November, 1979.

No comments:

Post a Comment