Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Baby me becomes fussy, driven to mobility

March seems like it was a big month for me, starting out with a trip down to Reading, Pa (March 1st and 2nd) to visit my dad's parents and my Uncle Keith. Keith was already encouraging my mischievous side, as he apparently helped me annoy their dachshund, Rusty, by getting me to pull his tail. I definitely remember the quick transition my own dog Lucy and my sister went through as Emma progressed from harmless blob on the floor to a grabbing, pulling, spastic-arm-waving source of discomfort.

I also begun to exhibit signs of separation anxiety, an unwillingness to sleep in strange places, and discomfort when left on my stomach too long...hints at future fussiness perhaps? Sleeping in strange places doesn't bother me much now, as I can sleep almost anywhere, anytime, but I still hate laying on my stomach for more than about a minute. How does anyone find that comfortable?

Also in March I began pushing myself up while on my belly (hate it!), putting out my arms to be picked up while in the crib, and on the 28th, I rolled over twice...while on my stomach of course.

I was up to 17 pounds, 6 ounces, and had grown 2 inches since the end of January.

Oh. Big fan of peek-a-boo as well.

From the "Little Book of Memories"....

March, 1980

"Baby's Schedule: Waking up for middle of night feeding. To bed by 8:30 pm. Spits bubbles when mad. Sucks on 1st two fingers of left hand. Attempts to roll , quite spirited. Sits with back straight when supported. See things he wants and attempts to get them.

First and Favorites: Likes to suck and bite on anything he gets his hands on especially orange teddy bear [rubber if i recall correctly], rattles, rubber duck. Makes squeaky grunty noises! Likes to be tickled. Doesn't like to be left on belly too long. Pulls objects towards him using two hands.

Notes: To Reading the 1st and 2nd. Transferring rattles successfully from right hand to left. Holding Rusty's tail with Uncle Keith's help. Laughs at self when held up to mirror. Likes undivided attention - very happy when spoken to."

No comments:

Post a Comment